Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs - Administrative
How do we charge for services?
Your financial objectives are always our top priority, which is why our billing platform is based on the value of the services we provide and not necessarily the time alloted to do so. Our commitment to partner with you to achieve your financial success will require an initial consultation. Rest assured that we will take the time to assess your needs and let you get to know us before proceeding.
How will you know precisely what services we render and for how much?
We use engagement letters to define our work, our mutual responsibilities to each other, and the fees before we commence our work. The letter is designed to prevent any misunderstandings and describes in detail all services, fees, and other terms and conditions. It functions as a contract to set our expectations for a successful relationship.
Will your information be kept confidential and secure?
We maintain a policy of the strictest confidence with respect to every client. Rest assured that no one will learn about your matters through this firm – relatives, associates, or friends who may have referred you to us.
Your information is kept in a totally encrypted environment and is backed up and monitored offsite 24/7 through multiple levels of security. The network of data centers we use are among the most advanced and secure in the world – Type 2 SOSC2 audit compliant, with redundancies and advanced control systems. We retain no hard copies of your information following the completion of our engagement.
We at Valley Tax have spared no expense or steps necessary to ensure that your information is protected at all times. We value your trust in our commitment to keep your data safe.
How do we invoice?
- All professional services other than tax returns are billed at the agreed-upon interval or at the completion of the project.
- Tax returns are invoiced upon completion of services. The invoice will be included with your tax documents.
What are our billing policies?
- We expect payment upon receipt of the invoice.
- It is office policy for new tax clients to pay upon completion of the tax return.
- We accept payment via check, credit, and debit cards. We do not accept American Express or Discover.
What should you bring to our first meeting?
- Copies of your federal and state tax returns for the past three years – both business and individual
- Current backup of your QuickBooks or other accounting software file