YOUR DATA SECURITY IS PARAMOUNT
At VTA, we are hyper-alert about keeping your data secure. We know that breaches happen, so we go the extra mile to fend off cyber criminals. Consider what we do to keep your data secure—as well as a few tips to help you beef up your own security habits and correspond with our staff effectively.
WHAT WE DO:
- Train our staff on how to identify red flags and all suspicious forms of communication. (Note: 92% of data breaches occur from emails with malicious links or attachments.)
- Use two-factor authentication on all systems to prevent unauthorized access.
- Use Liscio for secure document exchange and prohibit email for data exchange.
- Had our firm “pen tested” by a professional cybersecurity company.
- Use enterprise level security appliances, firewalls, and services in our firm.
- Require complex passwords and passphrases for our staff.
- Require secure access to our office network when staff works remotely.
- Have physical offices monitored by an alarm system and security company.
- Background check all staff and keep information on file.
- Shred or destroy all physical documents prior to disposal.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Use our secure portal for all exchange of sensitive documents and data.
- Avoid using email; if sporadically necessary, keep your comments limited.
- Discuss with our staff who is authorized to make requests from your company, and what your protocols will be if those authorized persons change.